In 1949, the Strike School was granted charity status (Registered Charity No. 311235) with a view to turning it into a museum and archive of the village’s history.
The school museum is open to this day, all year round. Visitors need only to collect the key hanging outside a neighbouring bungalow, look round, and lock up once finished. The current trustees are: